Tuesday, May 31, 2011

kitchen update...go with the flow



Sometimes you have to go with the flow...in life & in design as well~ For example,the original paper we wanted for the kitchen remodel was a gray lattice design which was modern and perfect in the kitchen. When we found out it was on backorder for a few weeks we decided on this paper. When it arrived, it was a much more subtle neutral than what we expected. We decided to stick with it and give it a try-

I am actually loving it.. sometimes things just work out that way and you have to go with it.





Updates:
-Painted wood floor grey
-Changed out cabinet doors, drawers and hardware
-Repainted cabinetry white (swiss coffee)
-Replaced butcher block island with industrial trolley
-New wallpaper
-Added can lighting
-New vintage light fixture

I am going to try and locate some old kitchen photos so you can see the transformation!

Have a great rest of your week!
K

photos by Sierra Studios Photography

8 comments:

Amanda Robinson June 1, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

Beautiful update! I love the floors and the contrast with the white cabinets. Wallpaper is GORGEOUS!!! Bet cooking is more fun now!!!

Tiffany June 1, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

Kristin....
I absolutely LOVE it!!! It's simple, classy, clean and gorgeous!! Love the grey wood floors. Now you need to come transform my house as soon as I figure out what I'm doing! You are so talented! xoxo

dreamday June 1, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

love love love it kristin!!! can i come over?

stacy June 3, 2011 at 9:10 AM  

Your kitchen looks amazing! Do you have any of those vintage light fixtures for sale at your store? What paint color did your use on your floors? I am loving that grey!

domestic bliss June 3, 2011 at 7:30 PM  

Thanks Marni- ANYTIME!

Stacy, Thank you! Yes, we do have more of the vintage lights available- they are $350. The floor paint color is structural gray by sherwin williams.

Sarah's Fab Day June 7, 2011 at 3:52 PM  

Kristen your kitchen (and home) look fabulous! I especially love the signs above the stove. I've seen one very similar that said Circus with an arrow and I wonder if it's from the same series? If you ever happen to have one in your store let me know because I need one with our circus here at home. Thanks!

domestic bliss June 7, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

Thanks Sarah-
YES- we do have the signs in the store! I know we have a Welcome to the ZOO in stock now- we can definitely get you the circus! So cute!
We thought it was funny because I always hound the kids to wash their hands as soon as they walk in to the door!

Sarah's Fab Day June 7, 2011 at 9:50 PM  

I'll be in tomorrow to check out the Zoo sign, because that would definitely work too! Thank you!

Follow Us:

Facebook   Twitter

REstyleSOURCE

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP